Saturday, December 25, 2010

What Jews do on Christmas...

So today was Christmas but of course me my dad and sister are Jews (reform) and my mom is technically catholic but shes really not religious. So of course between yesterday (12.24) and today (12.25) I was draged around half of nyc, westchester, and north Jersey.

Yesterday I got my ear talked off while my grandma and her hubby came up to see my dad since he had off, but of course I had to stop by to say hi. Where I had my ear talked about what the hell I'm doing next semester. Honestly I don't even know why I'm staying at school for 4 credits, mostly because leaving college and moving back home scares the shit out of me. But obviously I don't tell that to my relatives, thats not the answer they want to hear. After stopping to say hi to my grandma I got shipped off to north Jersey to be absolutely tortured. We went to see my moms family with my 2 aunts and uncles and my 6 cousins. Of course since this is the Puerto Rican household it was all about yelling and eating and talking. And obviously I got asked the Question I dread to hear, so what are your plans after you graduate college? I of course started lying, I told them I was taking a job in Greece for the summer working at a resort and if i didn't get into Grad School for the fall I was leaving for Argentina to volunteer using my Bachelor Degree. Thats like my far offf dream not reality. But they didn't need to know that. So i spent the night there eating and talking. Than after having both my sisters droll on me on the car ride home, I got into the house and spent 1.5 hours wrapping presents. Than off to bed!

Since I was at School this year for those 8 crazy nights, I got my presents on Christmas. Which was basically this awesome laptop (im typing on right now) the MacBook, sephora gift card, jewirican mug (yes thats right a mug explaning the what the combination of a Jew and a Puerto Rican is aka me), 2 macys gift card, and a gift card to forever 21. I forgot the best part about it I got to get up at 7am! (who the hell thinks thats exceptable on days off is NUTS). So after getting up at 7 i than opened gifts had breakfast, got yelled at by my dad for running late, got ready, left for manhattan, had brunch in manhattan even though I wasn't hungry, saw the black swan, went to Riverdale, had dinner there and opened gifts, than finally got to go home. And people wonder why I dont like this holiday? Maybe its because I dont stay put for more than an hour!

Seriously...I cant even look at the above and believe it was my day. I'm watching Pride & Prejudice now which I cant follow for shit which is either bc im tired or im writing on this. Either way Im going to go chill. Happy Holidays!

xoxo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment