Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Terrible Twos? Try Un-Forgiving Fives.

So of course today I was the "slave" babysitting my little sister, whose 5 years old.
Honestly....babysitting her has never been so difficult in my life as its been now that I've been home for break. At 5 she thinks she knows everything, at least how to do everything, but shes so wrong. And when you try to tell her what shes doing was wrong she goes into a fit. It was the worst the first two hours mostly because she was attempting to play computer games and the internet was kicking her off. We went to Panera to get food since there was nothing good in the and everything pretty much got better after that. Only issue was that my sisters can't eat anything with milk, and of course i forgot to give her the lactose pill beforehand, after eating a grilled cheese and cheddar and broccoli soup her stomach started hurting. But of course that was all forgotten when we got home and i let her play with my paint. It was completely exhausting

And of course now im sitting here watching 16 & pregnant, and all Im thinking is do these girls even know what theyre getting themselves into?! From having a MUCH younger sister I've basically seen all it takes to be a parent to a baby. I can't even imagine doing all that in High School or anytime much afterwards. I think the issue is that most of them dont consider what is best for the baby, but what they want. It just makes me sad because I worry about how these kids are going to perceive life. Of course as a Psychology major I've researched this topic a million times and probably have over-exposed myself to it.

Besides the two hours of babysitting trauma today my breaks still going amazing! And im looking foward to the rest of the week and hitting the bar tomorrow night with the girls.

xoxo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment